Thứ Sáu, 11 tháng 4, 2014

Is Your Mac protected? Orbicule's Undercover for Mac



Hey gang, many of you have Macs so I'll share this with you. I know Kris recently had his iPad stolen and most of you already know about Apple's Find my iPhone which have allow iPad owners to recover their devices. 






I have used Undercover for Mac since I bought my Mac in 2011. It works like Find my IPhone, but it is much better.  A stolen iPad may never go online, but it is highly unlikely that a stolen Mac would be used exclusively offline. This fact increases your chance of recovery. 






When I installed it back in 2011, I tested it and reported it stolen. I was able to track it, capture photos and screen shots. It works as advertised. I literally forget about it until they send me the monthly reminder that my Mac is doing well. It is sort of like my On-Star monthly diagnostics email; except I don't pay monthly to protect my Mac against being lost forever if stolen. 






Undercover transmits location information from the stolen Mac. This information includes the coordinates from wireless location tracking, and the internal and external IP addresses, enabling the police to accurately trace the Mac's physical location, in collaboration with the Internet Service Provider. 






You have the ability to capture photos from the camera and even capture screenshots of whatever the bad guy is viewing on the screen. 






If your Mac has a built-in or external camera, Undercover will transmit pictures of the thief and his surroundings every 8 minutes, making it even easier to identify the current user.






Undercover was the world's first theft-recovery software to send screenshots of your stolen Mac at regular intervals. These screenshots will sooner or later reveal the thief's identity (e.g. when chatting, reading and writing emails,...) making it much easier to work with law enforcement in order to recover your Mac.






When the Mac is marked as stolen, Undercover will continuously record keystrokes, allowing you to view every bit of text the thief has entered on your stolen Mac (except for passwords).






"According to a recent FBI report, 97% of all stolen computers are never recovered. Many people we know have had their Macs stolen, often in 'safe' situations. That's why we developed Undercover: a unique theft-recovery application designed from the ground up for Mac OS X. While I hadn't had my iPad stolen, this is a very affordable insurance that you have a chance to get it back if it is stolen. "






A single license is $49 and a five Mac package is $59. 






If you are interested in learning more, you can use my referral link: 











It works on all Macs running Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6), Lion (Mac OS X 10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8) or Mavericks (10.9). You can check the version of Mac OS X running on your Mac by selecting "About This Mac" from the Apple menu.






Thanks,






Carl W. Brooks


@techloyal








On Mar 6, 2014, at 8:08 PM, Orbicule <
support@orbicule.com> wrote:






Your Mac phoned home recently! This is good. In case of theft, Undercover will transmit recovery information to 
https://undercoverhq.com.






Tell a friend and get a free license seat!






Do you have another Mac that needs protection? For each friend that starts using Undercover to protect a Mac, you get an extra license completely free! Your friend gets a $10 discount on his license. That's a nice win-win!






Just share the link below to get started:











Kind regards,






The Undercover team




Source : iamthereforeipad[dot]com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét